No 2021-02 HELD ON 6th April 2021



Present             Mary Berry – Captain

                         Geoffrey Harnett- Chairman

                         Peter Noone – Vice Captain

Linda Anthony – Secretary

Mike Abbott – Handicap and Membership Secretary

Giles Fox – Treasurer

Rod Smith

Brian Newsham



This meeting was held via Zoom to comply with the current Covid restrictions. Thanks were given to Rod Smith for hosting the meeting.

1.     Company Matters

1.1.    Much work has taken place while the course has been closed, Nelson has taken the opportunity to remove several trees on various holes.  Hollow tining will take place in May.

2.     Apologies

2.1.    None.

3.     Approval of Minutes

3.1.    The minutes were approved by the Captain.

4.     Matters Arising/to discuss

4.1.    There were no matters arising to discuss.

5.     Treasurer’s report

5.1.    There has been no revenue since mid-January and the membership numbers have fallen but, so far, the Club is not under any financial pressure.

5.2.    There are currently 158 members including 9 new members and 3 returning members, the projected membership is 170. Everyone is urged to recruit new members.

5.3.    Following the first lockdown in March 2020 vouchers issued after March 2019 were given an extension of six months, vouchers issued from now on will be valid for 12 months.

5.4.    Current net assets €20,585.22

6.     Handicap and Membership report

6.1.    Nothing to report.

7.     Captain’s Update

7.1.    The Ralph Griffin Trophy will be played on the 19th June and it will be combined with the Captain’s Changeover Competition. Details will follow nearer the time of the event.

7.2.    All other major competitions will be re-scheduled for the second half of the year. Mike Abbott will organise the Knockout Competition.

7.3.    Kelvin Whitaker’s Pink Ribbon walk was successfully completed on the 24th March and has already raised £4440.00. Many members sponsored Kelvin and the Club donated €500 from the Captain’s Charity fund.

7.4.    Paul Mott’s walk, which will take place in September, has already raised £1000.00. He is raising money for the Captain’s Charity fund, Lagos Orphans, Spinal Research and the charities supported by his club in Buckinghamshire

7.5.    A member has written to the Chairman querying the appropriateness of the Race to Budens and the voucher system for prizes. The committee discussed the points raised at length and could find no reason to change either the Race to Budens or vouchers as prizes. Geoffrey Harnett will reply to the member who raised these points.

8.     AOB

8.1.    The roots to the left of the 4th green will be marked as GUR.

8.2.    As stated in the minutes of the 4th January the option to choose which tee to play from in singles competitions will begin as from now, i.e., men can choose between the white and the yellow and ladies between the red and yellow.

8.3.    The Captain’s Away trip has received a good response and Mary Berry will be giving more details in the very near future.


Next meeting: 01/062021 10.00

Meeting closed at 11.15

Distribution: Geoff Harnett, Mike Abbott, Giles Fox, Linda Anthony, Brian Newsham, Rod Smith, Mary Berry. Peter Noone



About Giles Fox