LATEST COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES

FLORESTA PARQUE GOLF CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
No 2020-09 HELD ON 3rd January 2020
Present Peter McDonagh- Captain
Brian Newsham – Vice Captain
Geoffrey Harnett – Chairman
Giles Fox – Treasurer
Linda Anthony – Secretary
Mike Abbott – Handicap Secretary
Rod Smith
Mary Berry
1. Company Matters
1.1. The paths from the 9th to the 10th and the 14th to the 15th are much appreciated by those that walk the course, a great improvement.
1.2. The proposal to make the areas behind the 5th green out of bounds has been agreed with GSA and the white stakes will shortly be in place.
1.3. GSA has also agreed to the proposals to move the Festival boards into the restaurant, the trophy cabinet and a larger FPGC board and the Club will be organising these improvements.
2. Apologies
2.1. Frank Finan,
3. Approval of Minutes
3.1. Minutes approved and signed by the Captain
4. Matters Arising/to discuss
4.1. Drone update: Peter McDonagh and Giles Fox will meet to attempt to provide a commentary for the footage.
ACTION Peter McDonagh Giles Fox
4.2. Course update. The Duck House is ready to be installed on the pond as soon as the signage is ready. Peter McDonagh is organising this.
ACTION Peter McDonagh
4.3. AGM structure and running order: Geoffrey Harnett went through the detail of how the AGM will run and the order of the agenda. The accounts will be sent to members in advance of the meeting using the group email contact. Any questions must be submitted, in writing, before the AGM.
4.4. Captains Changeover: The music for the evening is organised. The prize giving, speeches and Charity distributions will take place after the dinner. Peter McDonagh and Brian Newsham are organising the table plans.
ACTION Peter McDonagh Brian Newsham
5. Treasurer’s Report
5.1. All accounts are in order and ready for the AGM.
6. Handicap report
6.1. The annual review has been completed and all handicaps are up to date.
7. Website
7.1. All is up to date.
8. Captain’s Update
8.1. Peter McDonagh thanked the committee warmly for all their help and support during his year as Captain and said how much he had enjoyed the experience.
9. Vice Captain’s Update
9.1. The Captain’s Away trip will be at Rompido on the 5th and 6th of November, with the option of an extra night on the 4th. Details will be displayed on the website and with a poster on the club board.
9.2. It is proposed to hold a “Welcome Spring” competition on the 20th March followed by an evening entertainment.
10. AOB
10.1. There were no matters raised under this heading.

Next meeting Friday 21st February 2020 at 09.00
Meeting closed at 12.15
Distribution: Geoff Harnett, Mike Abbott, Giles Fox, Linda Anthony, Frank Finan, Peter McDonagh, Brian Newsham, Rod Smith, Mary Berry.

 

FLORESTA PARQUE GOLF CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
No 2019-08 HELD ON 5th December 2019
Present Peter McDonagh- Captain
Brian Newsham – Vice Captain
Geoffrey Harnett – Chairman
Linda Anthony – Secretary
Mike Abbott – Handicap Secretary
Rod Smith
Mary Berry
1. Company Matters
1.1. Paths for the members who walk the course have been created from the 9th to the 10th and from the 14th to the 15th. It was suggested that stakes are placed at the entrance to the path from the 14th to 15th to deter players from attempting to drive buggies along it.
1.2. It is proposed to make the trees and bushes to the left, right and behind the 5th green an out of bounds area that would also extend along the side of the 6th tee. Mike Abbott to speak to Rui about this.
ACTION Mike Abbott
2. Apologies
2.1. Frank Finan, Giles Fox
3. Approval of Minutes
3.1. Minutes approved and signed by the Captain
4. Matters Arising/to discuss
4.1. Juniors update. They continue to thrive under Rui’s excellent and enthusiastic coaching. There are four or five members of the group who will be Federated next year and will then be eligible to play in Junior tournaments.
4.2. Course update. The Duck House for the pond between the 11th and 17th is being sourced from ebay and Peter McDonagh is organising this.
ACTION Peter McDonagh
The sign for the 15th indicating that this is the Captain’s Charity hole is being organised by Mike Abbott.
ACTION Mike Abbott
The bunkers are much better now that the sand is starting to settle. Private buggies must now be insured.
4.3. Competition boards and the FPGC board. Peter McDonagh is sorting out the list of names for the Hole in One board. It was suggested that all the GSA Festival boards could be displayed in the restaurant as there is a lot of empty wall space in there. This would allow more space for a larger FPGC board in the Spike Bar. It was also proposed to make the area where the trophies are displayed into a proper, glassed in Trophy cabinet. Mike Abbott to speak to Rui about these matters.
ACTION Mike Abbott
4.4. Group email contact. This is working very well and will be used to remind members about renewing their membership before the AGM.
4.5. Upcoming Competitions. The carol singing on Decemeber 18th is organised and will begin at 3.00 o’clock. The Captains Changeover music is organised, Peter McDonagh and Brian Newsham will organise the dinner menu with Mario. The prizes are Baptista vouchers and a trophy. The charity monies will be distributed. The Race to Budens and Knockout prizes will be presented and a table plan is needed.
ACTION Peter McDonagh Brian Newsham
4.6. Charity Update. There is good coverage of the Captain’s Charity Walk in the December issue of the Tomorrow magazine. The total raised so far by this event is €14,455.33.
4.7. Water Station. This has proved very successful and will probably be made available for the Friday roll ups.
4.8. GSA intentions. At this time there seems to be no prospect of a sale.
5. Treasurer’s report
5.1. Total current net assets are €15501.55.
6. Handicap Report
6.1. All handicaps are up to date. The annual review will be available after the next Medal.
7. Website
7.1. Everything is up to date.
8. Captain’s Update
8.1. The Advent Competition is a good idea and, should attract more support if it is promoted earlier next year.
9. AOB
9.1. There were no matters raised under this heading.
9.2. Next meeting Friday 3rd January 2020 at 09.00
Meeting closed at 12.15
Distribution: Geoff Harnett, Mike Abbott, Giles Fox, Linda Anthony, Frank Finan, Peter McDonagh, Brian Newsham, Rod Smith, Mary Berry.

About Giles Fox