LATEST COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES

FLORESTA PARQUE GOLF CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
No 2019-03 HELD ON 10th March 2019

Present Geoffrey Harnett – Chairman
Peter McDonagh- Captain
Brian Newsham – Vice Captain
Giles Fox -Treasurer
Linda Anthony – Secretary
Mike Abbott – Handicap Secretary
1. Company Matters
1.1. The new buggies will be available soon.
1.2. Work is scheduled to refurbish the bunkers.
2. Apologies
2.1. Frank Finan, Rod Smith
3. Approval of Minutes
3.1. Minutes approved and signed by the Captain
4. Matters Arising/to discuss
4.1. Local Rules update, these are to be printed and handed out to members when they check in for competitions. Rui Gloria is to be asked if it would be possible to display a laminated copy on the buggies.
ACTION Mike Abbott, Giles Fox
4.2. Junior clinic update. This was started on the 3rd March and two sessions have been held. Rui Gloria is proving to be a fantastic coach and is the reason the clinics have been so successful. The children have really enjoyed the sessions. If members know of any interested juniors please contact Giles Fox. Paul Mott has won a competition in the UK and would like to use the £200 voucher he won to provide equipment for the juniors. As he has to transport this from the UK via hand luggage it was felt that caps would be suitable. These can have the FPGC logo printed on them.
4.3. Drone update, the commentary is still being worked on.
4.4. The plinths are in place for the traffic light system on the sixth and this should soon be operational.
4.5. Course update. The condition of the course is good, the rough has been cut and the clover is dying off after being sprayed. It was suggested by Brian Newsham that the rope on the 13th be extended to alleviate the wear where buggies turn. It was also felt that the 2nd would improve if buggies were kept to the path. Mike Abbott to talk with Rui Gloria about this.
ACTION Mike Abbott
4.6. Charity Day on the 17th, entry is €10 per person and the money raised will be
donated to the Greenkeeping and shop staff. Irish stew and a drink will be available for €10 as it is St Patrick’s Day.
5. Treasurer’s report
5.1. There are 171 members so far and another 14 are expected to re-join in the coming weeks. The target is to have 200 members this year and members are urged to keep recruiting new members.
5.2. Total current net assets are €23,169.
6. Handicap Report
6.1. Adjustments have been made where necessary and all handicaps are up to date.
7. Website
7.1. Everything is up to date.
8. Captain’s Update
8.1. The initiative to eliminate the use of single use plastic water bottles amongst the Membership has been costed and will be moved forward. It is proposed the Club subsidise to all Members one FPGC branded aluminium 1L hot/cold drinking bottle. Retail prices for these bottles is approx. €35 but will be offered to Members for only €10. They are fully washable and robust so should last several years. Additionally, fresh drinking water will be provided for free on competition days for Members to refill their FPGC water bottle whilst moving from the 9th green to the 10th tee from the shed. A poster for Members who wish to sign up to this scheme will be put up in the Spike Bar and it is hoped, with sufficient support, this initiative will be in place in time for the start of summer.
9. Vice Captain’s Update
9.1. The issues with the 13th and 2nd as previously reported in the course update.
10. AOB
10.1. Geoffrey Harnett reported that the Salvation Army has been booked for the 18th December and Lynette Whittaker is organising the cakes and mince pies. There will be a shotgun start for the competition that day, Peter McDonagh will consult with Rui Gloria about this.
ACTION Peter McDonagh

10.2. The list for the Captain’s Away trip is displayed on the notice board. Peter McDonagh will find out when the 20% deposit has to be paid by.
ACTION Peter McDonagh
Next meeting 18th April 10.00

Meeting closed at 12.00

About Giles Fox