LATEST COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES

FLORESTA PARQUE GOLF CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
No 2019-02 HELD ON 12th February 2019

Present Geoffrey Harnett – Chairman
Peter McDonagh- Captain
Brian Newsham – Vice Captain
Giles Fox -Treasurer
Linda Anthony – Secretary
Mike Abbott – Handicap Secretary
1. Company Matters
1.1. There should be 8 new buggies available in March.
2. Apologies
2.1. Frank Finan, Rod Smith
3. Approval of Minutes
3.1. Minutes approved and signed by the Captain
4. Matters Arising/to discuss
4.1. Rules and Local Rules communication to be modified.
ACTION Linda Anthony
4.2. It was proposed to possibly change the red staked area to the left on the sixth to OB which would end at the well and revert to red stakes. Rui Gloria needs to be consulted on this.
ACTION Mike Abbott
4.3. Junior Clinic. The first session will be held on the 3rd March 9.00 to 10.00. Rui Gloria is going to assist by taking on the role of coach with Club Members assisting. Members are asked to donate equipment and old clubs that can be utilised to equip the Juniors.
4.4. We are waiting for GSA to build the plinths to mount the traffic light system and control buttons on the 6th and produce and install the signs on how to use the system.
4.5. Course update. A bridge on the 2nd has been replaced and the bridge between the 16th and 17th needs some attention. The large eucalyptus tree by the 150 marker is possibly dangerous and needs assessing. Peter McDonagh to speak with Rui Gloria about these matters.
ACTION Peter McDonagh
4.6. Email contact with members can now be made from the PDF email address.
4.7. Peter McDonagh proposed to have a Greenkeepers Day when all the money raised would go to the on course staff this includes the shop staff. It will be held annually and it was proposed to make the St Patrick’s Day charity day the first one.

5. Treasurer’s report
5.1. There are 140 members so far and another 48 are expected to rejoin in the coming weeks. We have had 10 or 12 new “walk in” members. Everyone is urged to keep recruiting.
5.2. The CNIG cards are available now. To qualify for one members must be fully federated and have an annual, week or twilight agreement with Rui as GSA pay half the cost. Members who want one should ask Mike Abbott

5.3. Competitions are the main source of income and it is important to ensure that 20% of the entry monies are retained for the Club by the Cards Rota Team.
5.4. Total current net assets are €21090.36

6. Handicap Report
6.1. Adjustments have been made where necessary and all handicaps are up to date.
7. Website
7.1. The host for the website has been changed which resulted with some problems being encountered but all is now sorted and problems resolved.
8. Captain’s Update
8.1. The initiative to stop the use of single use plastic drinking bottles by the Membership is going to be addressed. It is proposed that the Club provide a subsidised permanent 0.75l drinking flask to every member. Additionally, a facility is then provided for Members to fill their flask freely from a cool clean water source situated between the 9th and 10th (Possibly from the shed). The costs and method to achieve this are to be established with the view to starting this initiative before the summer begins. The Captain requests all Members to support this initiative and taking an active role in reducing the use of single use plastic bottles to contribute to protecting our environment.
9. Vice Captain’s Update
9.1. Nothing to report.
10. AOB
10.1. Learning the new rules –– It is the responsibility of all Members to become acquainted with the new Rules of Golf introduced on the 1st January this year. The website, in the News section, has several different links that will explain these rule changes. These rule changes have been introduced with the specific intention of speeding up play for the benefit of all players. We have already redefined our Local Rules in keeping with the changes.
Additionally, with the support of GSA, Course Marshalls are going to be briefed to observe play during club competitions and assist Members in learning the new rules where mistakes are made and can be approached at any time for advice. Members are asked to accept any intervention during play with an open mind as the intention is to help educate all players on the changes.
If any Member is ever in doubt over a ruling play two balls to the end of the relevant hole, record both scores, and then seek clarification back at the Club House.
Similarly, in a situation where you judge your ball may have gone out of bounds or is in a place you suspect it might be difficult to find always play a provisional ball off the tee.
10.2. Competition times, members are reminded that they cannot play outside the specified competition times and still be eligible for the competition, without the Captain’s express permission.
10.3. Members are also reminded that their Membership and Federation Fees are due before the 18th March 2019. After this date there will be a 10% surcharge for late payment applied.
10.4. Geoffrey Harnett is to contact the Salvation Army to book them for Christmas Carols after a competition near to Christmas.
ACTION Geoffrey Harnett
Next meeting 14th March 10.00

Meeting closed at 12.00
Distribution: Geoff Harnett, Mike Abbott, Giles Fox, Linda Anthony, Frank Finan, Peter McDonagh, Brian Newsham, Rod Smith
Signed………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
Date…………………………………………………………………
Captain Peter McDonagh

About Giles Fox