GOLF RULE CHANGES FOR 2019 – LEARN FROM THE R&A

https://www.rules.golf/

GOLF RULE CHANGES FOR 2019 – LEARN FROM THE R&A

TIME TO LEARN ALL ABOUT THE RULE CHANGES COMING INTO EFFECT ON THE 1ST JANUARY 2019. SIMPLY CLICK ON THE LINK ABOVE!

LATEST COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES

FLORESTA PARQUE GOLF CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
No 2018-05 HELD ON 6th September 2018

Present Geoffrey Harnett – Chairman
Frank Finan – Captain
Peter McDonagh – Vice Captain
Giles Fox -Treasurer
Linda Anthony – Secretary
Mike Abbott – Past Captain
1. Company Matters
1.1. The course is generally in good condition and work continues to refurbish tees.
1.2. Rui Gloria has requested the list of events for next year. Peter McDonagh to supply this.
ACTION Peter McDonagh
2. Apologies
2.1. Ralph Griffin
3. Approval of Minutes
3.1. Minutes approved and signed by the Captain
4. Matters Arising
4.1. The drone footage is nearly complete and just awaiting the addition of a commentary.
4.2. A solar powered, Bluetooth device to provide a green light on the 6th tee to show it is safe to play has been sourced by Bob Woodworth and should be installed soon.
4.3. Giles Fox and Mike Abbott, who are also liaising with Rui Gloria, are actively pursuing the setting up of Junior Clinics.
ACTION Giles Fox Mike Abbott
5. Treasurer’s Report
5.1. Frank Finan thanked Giles Fox for the brilliant job he is doing as treasurer and for all his hard work.
5.2. Giles Fox reported that all the accounts are now available on the club PC.
5.3. Peter McDonagh is going to start preparing ideas for re-investment in the club, which will be presented at the AGM.
5.4. Total current assets €34400.21
Less accruals €10690.06
Net assets €23710.15
6. Handicap
6.1. The handicaps are all up to date. Mike Abbott is acting as Handicap Secretary in Ralph Griffin’s temporary absence.
7. Website
7.1. The Website is up to date. Geoffrey Harnett congratulated Giles Fox on his hard work on this.
8. Captain’s Report
8.1. Captain’s Day, everything has been organised for the event.
8.2. A note is to be put on the website about the final payment for the Captain’s Away trip.
8.3. Frank Finan to produce a new blog to be posted on the website.
ACTION Frank Finan
9. Vice Captain’s report
9.1. Subject to committee and AGM approval the proposed Vice Captain for next year will be announced on Captain’s Day.
10. AOB
10.1. A reminder to members, the AGM is to be held on the 12th January 2019 at 18.30.
10.2. Mick Berry is to be asked to organise a date for the card rota dinner. Linda Anthony will liaise with Mick about this.
ACTION Linda Anthony
10.3. The committee felt that it would be a nice memorial to name the “hut” after David Haddon. Mike Abbott to speak to Rui Gloria about this.
ACTION Mike Abbott

Next meeting Tuesday 30th October 2018 at 10.00.

Meeting closed at 15.40

CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP 2018

CLUB COMPETITIONS JULY – SEPTEMBER 2018 (NON-MEMBERS ALWAYS WELCOME)

July
1st Tri-Colour – W/Y/R
4th Singles Stableford — Yellows
6th Ladies v Men – Yellows
8th Pairs Better Ball – Yellows
11th Invisible Pro — Whites
15th Am/Am Stableford –Yellows
18th Pairs better ball 7 club challenge — Yellows
22nd Monthly Medal singles — Whites
25th Dubai stableford – Yellows
29th Pairs aggregate – Yellows

August

1st Cha Cha Cha — Whites
5th Pairs better ball stableford — Yellows
8th Yellow ball — Yellows
12th PEPE GANCEDO TROPHY singles s/f  — Yellow (Shotgun)
15th Monthly Medal singles — Whites
16th Course Maintenance (front 9)
19th American Greensomes Charity Comp — Yellows
22nd Dubai Stableford — Yellows
23rd Course Maintenance (back 9)
26th Am/Am stableford — Whites
29th Singles Stableford — Yellows

September

2nd Pairs better ball 7 club challenge — Yellows
5th Texas scramble Charity Comp –Yellows
9th Invisible Pro — Yellows
12th Am Am – stableford — Whites
15th Captains Day -Singles stableford – Yellows
16th Tri- Colour — W/Y/R
19th Monthly Medal — Whites
21st to 26th Autumn Festival
30th Yellow Ball — Yellows

FRIDAY 27TH APRIL, CAPTAIN Vs VICE CAPTAIN SINGLES STABLEFORD (YELLOW TEES)

CAPTAIN 544 POINTS LOSES TO VICE CAPTAIN 652 POINTS

2’S

B.HART X 2, J.WARREN, M.HUSSEY, D.WESSELS, P.ANTHONY

BEST SCORE OF THE DAY

B.HART 37PTS C/B

CLUB COMPETITIONS APRIL-JUNE 2018 (NON-MEMBERS ALWAYS WELCOME)

April

1st- Easter Festival
4th- Pairs b/ball 7 club challenge——————–Yellow RJS
8th- Singles Monthly Medal ————————–Whites MB
11th Dubai Stableford ———————————-Yellow ME
15th Invisible Pro ——————————-Yellow AP
18th Singles Stableford ——————————–Yellow MB
22nd Tri-colour ——————————-R/Y/W LA
25th TACA DA LIBERDADE- AM/AM —————-Whites GH
27th Captain v Vice Captain SINGLES St/ford Yellow MB
29th American Greensomes …………………………….Yellow LW
MAY

2nd Singles stableford ……………………………………Whites MB
6th Cha Cha Cha ……………………………………………Yellow LA
9th Pairs better ball stableford………………………Yellow MA
11th PAST CAPTAINS Am/Am ………………………..Yellow ME
13th Charity Day Texas scramble……………………Yellow ME
16th Monthly Medal ………………………………………Whites MB
17th – 18th Course Maintenance FRONT 9
20th Am/Am ………………………………………………… Yellow AP
23rd Pairs Aggregate ……………………………………. Yellow GH
24th -25th Course Maintenance BACK 9
27th DUBAI Stableford ……………………………………Yellow LW
30th Invisible Pro ……………………………………………Yellow RJS

 

JUNE

3rd Singles Stableford ………………………………… Whites MB
6th Pairs Better Ball …………………………………… Yellows DW
10th American Greensomes ………………………… Yellows LW
13th Yellow Ball …………………………………………… Yellows LA
16th & 17th CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP ………………… Whites MB
20th MEMBERS DAY Am/Am ……………………….. Yellows DW
24th Pairs Multiplier stableford …………………… Yellows AP
27th Dubai (Irish Style) …………………………………. Yellows GH

LATEST COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES

FLORESTA PARQUE GOLF CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
No 2018-01 HELD ON 12th January 2018
Present: Geoffrey Harnett – Chairman
Mike Abbott– Captain
Frank Finan – Vice Captain
Dave Haddon – Treasurer
Giles Fox – Secretary
Linda Anthony
Rod Smith

1. Company Matters
1.1. There were no company matters.
2. Apologies
2.1. Ralph Griffin, Peter McDonagh.
3. Approval of Minutes
3.1. The minutes of the previous meeting were approved and signed by the Captain.
4. Matters Arising
4.1. AGM: the members have received the draft accounts; there has been one query, which has been answered. The minutes have been posted on the board.
4.2. A reminder about slow play is to be included in the AGM.
4.3. The agenda was agreed and will be e-mailed to members prior to the meeting with a reminder that only full members who have paid can attend.
5. Treasurers Report
5.1. Cash position, consolidated as per accounts 31st December 2017:
25,186.35 euros
Less accruals: 6,557.54 euros
Net cash available: 18,628.81 euros.
5.2. Of the anticipated 160 members 70 have paid.
5.3. A provisional budget for 2018 has been prepared.
5.4. The Federation is raising it’s administration fee from €150 to €1,300, many clubs are raising a complaint about this.
6. Handicaps
6.1. The annual review has been carried out using the Federation’s figures. No one whose handicap was cut during the year has received a shot back.
7. Website
7.1. The calendar of important events in 2018 is to be added to the website.
8. Events Update
8.1. Captain’s Changeover. The subsidy for the event is €10, members will pay €15 and visitors €25.
8.2. Mike Abbott will host the prize giving after which all cheques for charity will be distributed.
8.3. Music for the evening has been organised.
9. AOB
9.1. Rod Smith will continue to administer the Race to Budens.
9.2. Mike Abbott will continue to liaise with Rui Baptista.
9.3. It is proposed to move the Changeover and AGM back to the 2nd week in January and the date of the 2019 AGM will be announced at the end of the 2018 AGM.
9.4. Mick Berry is organising the dinner for the card rota team.

Next meeting: Friday 2nd March 2018 at 09.30.

Meeting closed at 10:30
Distribution: Geoff Harnett, Rod Smith, Mike Abbott, David Haddon, Ralph Griffin,
Giles Fox, Linda Anthony, Frank Finan, Peter McDonagh.

2018 MEMBERSHIP SUBSCRIPTION

CLUB COMPETITIONS OCTOBER-DECEMBER 2017 (NON MEMBERS ALWAYS WELCOME)

DATE                      COMPETITION                            TEE    CARDS

SUN 01 OCT CHA CHA CHA                                         Y       NW
WED 04 OCT PAIRS BETTERBALL STABLEFORD      Y       DH
SUN 08 OCT SINGLES MEDAL                                     W      RS
WED 11 OCT TRI COLOUR                                       R/Y/W  LA
SUN 15 OCT AM AM                                                     Y       AP
WED 18 OCT PAIRS BETTERBALL, DRAWN CARDS  Y       MA
SUN 22 OCT DUBAI STABLEFORD                              W      GH
WED 25 OCT SINGLES STABLEFORD                          Y      AM
SUN 29 OCT AMERICAN GREENSOMES                     Y       DW

WED 01 NOV INVISIBLE PRO                                       W      LA
SUN 05 NOV PAIRS BETTERBALL 7 CLUB                   Y      AP
TUE 07 NOV SINGLE STABLEFORD                             W     AM
SUN 12 NOV 2 BALL TEXAS SCRAMBLE CHARITY     Y     SD
WED 15 NOV YELLOW BALL                                        Y      NW
SUN 19 NOV SINGLES MEDAL                                    Y       MB
WED 22 NOV PAIRS BETTER BALL STABLEFORD     W      ME
SUN 26 NOV DUBAI STABLEFORD                             Y       LW
WED 29 NOV TRI COLOUR                                      R/Y/W  DW

SUN 03 DEC SINGLES S/FORD XMAS COMP             Y       RS
WED 06 DEC SAGITTARIUS SALVER                          W      GH
SUN 10 DEC CHA CHA CHA                                         Y      MA
WED 13 DEC PAIRS BETTERBALL STABLEFORD       Y     LA
SUN 17 DEC SINGLES MEDAL                                    W      DH
WED 20 DEC AM AM                                                    Y       AP
SUN 24 DEC FESTIVAL
TUE 26 DEC FESTIVAL – NEWLAND TROPHY
WED 27 DEC SINGLE STABLEFORD                           Y       DH
SUN 31 DEC DUBAI STABLEFORD                              Y

AM ALAN MIDGLEY
AP ALLAN POOLEY
BM BRENDAN MURPHY
DH DAVID HADDON
DW DAVID WALLING
GH GEOFFREY HARNETT
HM HOWARD McEVOY
LA LINDA ANTHONY
LW LYNETTE WHITTAKER
MB MICK BERRY
ME MIKE EVANS
NW NORMAN WRIGHT
RAS REBECCA SMITH
RJS ROD SMITH
SD STEVE DAWSON

LATEST COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES

FLORESTA PARQUE GOLF CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING

No 2017-03 HELD ON 9th June 09.30

 

Present: Geoffrey Harnett, Chairman

Mike Abbott, Captain

Dave Haddon, Treasurer

Rod Smith, Immediate Past Captain

Giles Fox, Secretary

Linda Anthony

 

1.      Company Matters

1.1.     The minutes of the committee meetings will be sent to Rui Gloria who will forward them to Nelson.

1.2.     Brian Newsham requested that the club consider introducing blue tees for competitions. Any friendly game can be played from whichever tee the player choses but as there is no slope index for the men to play from the red/blue tees they have to play all competitions from the white or yellow tees. The whole course would have to be re-sloped to facilitate such a change, which would be very expensive. The marshals will be asked to take consideration of wind conditions when positioning the tees on competition days.

2.      Apologies

2.1.     Ralph Griffin, Frank Finan

3.      Approval of Minutes

3.1.     The minutes of the previous meeting were approved and signed by the Captain.

4.      Matters Arising

4.1.     The money to fund the work on the shed has been released to GSA and this should be started soon.

4.2.     The new voucher system is working very well.

4.3.     Mike Abbott is to reply to Bob Woodworth’s letter regarding the distribution of prize fund monies.

  • Mike Abbott

4.4.     Mike Abbott is to reply to Andy Stephenson’s letter regarding handicaps and the stroke indexes on the course.

  • Mike Abbott

5.      Treasurers Report

5.1.     Cash position, consolidated as per accounts 31st May 2017:

31,738.86 euros

Less accruals: 8495.04 euros

Net cash available: 23,243.82 euros

6.      Handicaps

6.1.     All handicaps are up to date.

7.      Website

7.1.     Giles Fox reported that the website is up to date and that he is still looking for a new photo for the title page.

7.2.     A rule of golf will feature each month.

  • Giles Fox

8.      Events Update

8.1.     Captain v Vice Captain Competition. This will be re-arranged in October and the format will be a blind pairs competition.

8.2.     Members Day. A sheet will be placed on the board for the Barbeque, cost for non-members and guests €25.

8.3.     Club Championship. It is a two-day competition and members must compete both days to be eligible for prizes. The €10 entry fee covers the prizes and the buffet.

8.4.     Captain’s Away Trip, nearly 50 people have committed to taking part.

8.5.     Pepe Gancedo Trophy. Pepe Gancedo was the course architect who, sadly, died last year. Rui Gloria and GSA wish to commemorate his life by sponsoring a tournament. This will be held on 16th August and will be a board competition. Rui will issue a flyer nearer the date.

8.6.     Captain’s Day. This is on the 16th September, all arrangements are in hand.

9.      A.O.B

9.1.     Ladies v Men Competition will be on the 7th July not the 4th July as it appeared on the card rota.

 

Next meeting Friday 1st September 2017. 10.00

 

Meeting closed at 11.05

Distribution: Geoff Harnett, Rod Smith, Mike Abbott, Dave Haddon, Ralph Griffin,

Giles Fox, Linda Anthony, Frank Finan.