LATEST COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES

FLORESTA PARQUE GOLF CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
No 2018-05 HELD ON 6th September 2018

Present Geoffrey Harnett – Chairman
Frank Finan – Captain
Peter McDonagh – Vice Captain
Giles Fox -Treasurer
Linda Anthony – Secretary
Mike Abbott – Past Captain
1. Company Matters
1.1. The course is generally in good condition and work continues to refurbish tees.
1.2. Rui Gloria has requested the list of events for next year. Peter McDonagh to supply this.
ACTION Peter McDonagh
2. Apologies
2.1. Ralph Griffin
3. Approval of Minutes
3.1. Minutes approved and signed by the Captain
4. Matters Arising
4.1. The drone footage is nearly complete and just awaiting the addition of a commentary.
4.2. A solar powered, Bluetooth device to provide a green light on the 6th tee to show it is safe to play has been sourced by Bob Woodworth and should be installed soon.
4.3. Giles Fox and Mike Abbott, who are also liaising with Rui Gloria, are actively pursuing the setting up of Junior Clinics.
ACTION Giles Fox Mike Abbott
5. Treasurer’s Report
5.1. Frank Finan thanked Giles Fox for the brilliant job he is doing as treasurer and for all his hard work.
5.2. Giles Fox reported that all the accounts are now available on the club PC.
5.3. Peter McDonagh is going to start preparing ideas for re-investment in the club, which will be presented at the AGM.
5.4. Total current assets €34400.21
Less accruals €10690.06
Net assets €23710.15
6. Handicap
6.1. The handicaps are all up to date. Mike Abbott is acting as Handicap Secretary in Ralph Griffin’s temporary absence.
7. Website
7.1. The Website is up to date. Geoffrey Harnett congratulated Giles Fox on his hard work on this.
8. Captain’s Report
8.1. Captain’s Day, everything has been organised for the event.
8.2. A note is to be put on the website about the final payment for the Captain’s Away trip.
8.3. Frank Finan to produce a new blog to be posted on the website.
ACTION Frank Finan
9. Vice Captain’s report
9.1. Subject to committee and AGM approval the proposed Vice Captain for next year will be announced on Captain’s Day.
10. AOB
10.1. A reminder to members, the AGM is to be held on the 12th January 2019 at 18.30.
10.2. Mick Berry is to be asked to organise a date for the card rota dinner. Linda Anthony will liaise with Mick about this.
ACTION Linda Anthony
10.3. The committee felt that it would be a nice memorial to name the “hut” after David Haddon. Mike Abbott to speak to Rui Gloria about this.
ACTION Mike Abbott

Next meeting Tuesday 30th October 2018 at 10.00.

Meeting closed at 15.40