LATEST COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES

FLORESTA PARQUE GOLF CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
No 2018-04 HELD ON 7th June 2018
Present Geoffrey Harnett – Chairman
Peter McDonagh – Vice Captain
Giles Fox -Treasurer
Linda Anthony – Secretary
Mike Abbott – Past Captain

1. Company Matters
1.1. The course is generally in good condition and work continues to refurbish tees.
1.2. Other company matters are dealt with under matters arising.
2. Apologies
2.1. Frank Finan, Ralph Griffin
3. Approval of Minutes
3.1. Minutes approved and signed by the Chairman
4. Matters Arising
4.1. On the subject of the defibrillator kindly donated by Paul and Chris Brunner, it has proved impossible for it to be kept in golf reception because of health and safety issues and the amount of training required for it’s use. The club cannot keep it solely for our use because of similar issues and the fact that individuals would be personally liable should anything untoward happen. It was reluctantly decided that the only course of action was to return it to the Brunners, with our apologies, and to press GSA to have a defibrillator installed as soon as possible.
4.2. The proposed installation of a bell on the 6th hole has met with strong opposition from the residents of QDEV so has been abandoned. The possibility of installing a light system using Bluetooth is being investigated.
ACTION Giles Fox
5. Treasurer’s Report
5.1. Giles Fox began by stating that he is now totally up to speed with the accounts and how they work and again thanked Rod Smith for all his help.
5.2. The club is in a very healthy financial position due to a big increase in the number of members. This now stands at 184, 175 of which are Federated. Ways to use the extra funds to benefit the members were discussed. These included further subsidies for events throughout the year and into next year.
5.3. It was also proposed that a junior clinic could be sponsored and set up in conjunction with GSA. Mike Abbott and Giles Fox will speak with Rui Gloria about this.
ACTION Mike Abbott, Giles Fox
5.4. The practicalities and cost of using the Data Golf system already on the computer to enable members to input their own scores for both singles and team competitions is to be explored. Mike Abbott will consult the Federation and Giles Fox will explore the cost.
ACTION Mike Abbott, Giles Fox
5.5. It was proposed that a new accountant be approached with a view to reducing the current fees.

 

5.6. Total current assets €34937.55
Less accruals €8769.81
Net assets €26167.74

6. Handicap
6.1. The handicaps are all up to date.
7. Websites
7.1. The Website is up to date.
8. Events
8.1. Club Championship, everything is organised for the weekend.
8.2. Members Day 20th June. The notice for this will be posted very shortly. The day is fully subsidised for members and the cost for visitors and guests is €25.
8.3. Men v Ladies 6th July. Kelvin Whittaker will be asked to produce the poster.
ACTION Frank Finan
8.4. Captain’s Away Trip. This will take place on the 1st and 2nd of November and will be in Vilamoura staying at the Dom Pedro Hotel and playing the Old Course and the Millennium course. The details will be emailed to members very shortly and displayed on the website and notice board.
ACTION Frank Finan
9. AOB
9.1. When a player signs for a wrong handicap on his or her card then rules of golf – Rule 6-2b applies. Peter McDonagh is to ask Mick Berry to email all members on the card rota to remind them of this.
ACTION Peter McDonagh
9.2. Emails will be sent to all members to remind them of upcoming events as well as displaying them on the website.
ACTION Frank Finan
9.3. FPGC is hosting the match between Espiche, Palmares and Boavista this year in November. Peter McDonagh and Mike Abbott will organise a date this.
ACTION Peter McDonagh, Mike Abbott
9.4. Peter McDonagh confirmed that he has asked Mike Abbott to continue organising the Inter League matches next year.
9.5. It is proposed that a local rule be established to allow for preferred lies on the 13th fairway due to the very poor state of the landing area for most players drives/second shots. This would not apply to the area after the path.

Next meeting: Friday 7th September 2018 at 10.00.

Meeting closed at 11:45
Distribution: Geoff Harnett, Mike Abbott, Ralph Griffin,
Giles Fox, Linda Anthony, Frank Finan, Peter McDonagh.