LATEST COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES

FLORESTA PARQUE GOLF CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
No 2018-03 HELD ON 27th April 2018
Present: Frank Finan – Captain
Peter McDonagh – Vice Captain
Giles Fox –-Secretary
Ralph Griffin – Handicap Secretary
Linda Anthony
1. Apologies
1.1. Geoffrey Harnett, Mike Abbott.
2. Approval of Minutes
2.1. The minutes of the previous meeting were approved and signed by the Captain..
3. Matters Arising
3.1. All matters arising are covered under other agenda headings.
4. Company Matters
4.1. Chris and Paul Brunner have very kindly donated a latest model defibrillator to the club. The committee are extremely grateful for this very generous gesture.
4.2. Rui Gloria has been approached as to the possibility of it being kept in the shop. He reports that GSA is unable to do this without extensive training because of various health and safety regulations.
4.3. The committee therefor propose that the machine be kept in the hut and that we will be responsible for any training necessary. As the machine is equipped with spoken instructions in English Giles Fox will approach the marshals to ask if they are happy to partake in this training and also clear it with Rui.
ACTION Giles Fox
4.4. The Bombeiros will be approached to arrange this training that will be open to anyone who wishes to attend. This should be a very short session as the machine is equipped with step by step spoken instructions and cannot harm anyone.
ACTION Ralph Griffin
4.5. Giles Fox has spoken to Rui Gloria about the proposed traffic light system on the 6th and it would seem to be too complicated a system to operate successfully. In light of this and the increasing number of incidents of near misses on the hole it has been decided to try installing a bell to be rung when the players are near the green. Ralph Griffin will source the bell and Mike Abbott will talk to GSA about installing it and also having it in a lockable box and also to ask that the bamboo on the 6th be trimmed to improve the sight line from the ladies tee which adds a further level of safety for players.
ACTION Giles Fox Mike Abbott
5. Handicaps
5.1. The committee have received an enquiry about pending handicaps. The matter was discussed in depth and a statement will be issued on the website.
ACTION Frank Finan Giles Fox
5.2. The committee confirmed that anyone who is a member but has a Portuguese handicap held at another club is welcome to play in as many competitions as they like but can only win in 24 of them in any one Club membership year.
5.3. The committee have examined handicap procedures closely and are extremely happy and confident that they are being well managed
6. Treasurer’s Report
6.1. Giles Fox began by thanking Rod Smith for all his help over the past few weeks. The committee also expressed their thanks to Rod for his invaluable assistance.
6.2. There is no balance of the accounts as we are still in the same month as the previous meeting.
6.3. It has come to light, as a result of the sad demise of David Haddon, that some of the paperwork of the club is very out of date and needs updating. The club need to arrange for new Articles to be drawn up to enable the opening of a bank account.
ACTION Frank Finan Mike Abbott
6.4. Rod Smith has done a huge amount of work collating all the vouchers, a very time consuming activity, and members are reminded that they are only valid for one year from the date of issue. In future vouchers will be stamped when they are redeemed.
6.5. Giles Fox said that as he now has three posts on the committee he proposed that Linda Anthony take over as Secretary until the AGM. The committee agreed with this.
7. Website
7.1. The website is up to date and Giles Fox has started work on a course guide using Paul Gibson’s drone footage. This will be posted on the website when it is finished.
8. Captain’s Report
8.1. Everything for the Past Captains competition is in hand and members will be reminded to sign up to play where there are spaces.
8.2. The Captain’s Away Trip will be held in the first week of November and details will be announced shortly.
9. AOB
9.1. There was no AOB.

Next meeting: Friday 7th June 2018 at 10.00.

Meeting closed at 10:45
Distribution: Geoff Harnett, Rod Smith, Mike Abbott, Ralph Griffin,
Giles Fox, Linda Anthony, Frank Finan, Peter McDonagh.