LATEST COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES

FLORESTA PARQUE GOLF CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
No 2018-02 HELD ON 2nd April 2018 2018
Present: Geoffrey Harnett – Chairman
Frank Finan – Captain
Peter McDonagh – Vice Captain
Giles Fox –-Secretary
Mike Abbott
Linda Anthony
Rod Smith – Acting Treasurer

1. Company Matters
1.1. There were no company matters.
2. Apologies
2.1. Ralph Griffin.
3. Approval of Minutes
3.1. The minutes of the previous meeting were approved and signed by the Captain.
4. Matters Arising
4.1. There were no matters arising from the previous minutes.
5. Treasurers Report
5.1. Rod Smith is going to the bank on 3rd April to facilitate the change in names on the account. The club have had to await various matters being settled in David Haddon’s estate before being able to do this.
5.2. The Federation is going to be consulted as to whether the Club should have public liability insurance.
5.3. Rod Smith has produced a definitive list of members which is colour coded to show the different categories.
5.4. Giles Fox has agreed to take on the role of Treasurer until the AGM when the members can ratify his appointment. Geoffrey Harnett will write to the members to notify them of this.
5.5. Rod Smith has streamlined the accounting system and will work with Giles Fox to hand this over.
5.6. Total current assets €33694.89
Less accruals €8519.54
Net assets €25175.35
6. Captain’s Report/Events Update
6.1. The first Interclub League Match against the Alto Club was played at home. The team were narrowly beaten 3 and 2.
6.2. The Taca de Liberdade will take place on the 25th April and is sponsored by the local restaurants. Tiago Borges will be contacted about this. Frank Finan will also contact Graham Harries to find out if he will be here to present the trophy.
6.3. The Captain v Vice Captain match is on the 27th April. Food is served after the match. Mike Abbott will go with Frank Finan to organise this with Mario.
6.4. Past Captains Competition on 12th May, all previous captains need to be e-mailed about this to request their teams. Mike Abbott will give Frank Finan a list of all the past captains.

7. Handicaps
7.1. Handicaps all up to date. George Chadwick is to be congratulated on the reduction of his handicap following three wins in one month.
8. Website
8.1. Giles Fox reported that Paul Gibson has taken photos of the whole course with his drone which will be put on the website. The committee thanked Paul for this.
8.2. The possibility of having a members portal on the website is to be investigated. An estimate of the cost will be obtained.
9. AOB
9.1. An extra Charity Day needs to be added as the one on the 28th February was cancelled.
9.2. Frank Finan will ask Phil Russell to collect the knockout money.
9.3. The subject of providing a way of indicating when it is clear to play the tee shot on the 6th was discussed again. The possibility of a light system is to be investigated.
9.4. Frank Finan is going to speak to Rui Gloria again about colour coding the flags to show the pin position.

Next meeting: Friday 27th April 2018 at 09.00.

Meeting closed at 10:20
Distribution: Geoff Harnett, Rod Smith, Mike Abbott, Ralph Griffin,
Giles Fox, Linda Anthony, Frank Finan, Peter McDonagh.