LATEST COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES

FLORESTA PARQUE GOLF CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING

No 2016-05 HELD ON 15th AUGUST 2016 14.00

 

Present:           Rod Smith – Captain

Mike Abbott – Vice Captain

Dave Haddon – Treasurer

Giles Fox – Secretary

David Walling – IPC

Linda Anthony

 

1.     Company Matters

1.1.     Rui Gloria was unable to attend the meeting.

1.2.     David Walling raised the issue of staffing levels in the bar on Wednesdays and Sundays at the time when people have finished their rounds of golf. Rod Smith and Mike Abbott will speak to Mario to see if this can be improved.

  • Rod Smith, Mike Abbott

2.     Apologies

2.1.     Ralph Griffin and Geoffrey Harnett sent their apologies.

3.     Approval of Minutes

3.1.     The minutes of the previous meeting were approved and signed by the Captain.

4.     Matters Arising

4.1.     Rod Smith and Mike Abbott are going to arrange a meeting with Rui and Nelson in early September to discuss course matters.

4.2.     Carol Singing, David Haddon reported that he had arranged for the Salvation Army to come on December 18th and that Christmas cake, mince pies and mulled wine will be provided. The competition that day will be a shotgun start and the carol singing will start at 4 o’clock. The format will be a Pinsplitter and it will be a charity day. Rod Smith will speak to Rui about the shotgun start.

  • Rod Smith

5.     Treasurers Report

5.1.     David Haddon reported on the current state of the bank account.

Comps & two`s: Cash Balance as at today: 19,366.40

Less accruals (vouchers & Knockout)               8843

Balance available                                        10,523.40

 

FPGC:                   Cash Balance                   10,014.85

Less accruals: (Inc Charity 970)                         1175.18

Balance available                                            8839.67

 

Total balance available 19,363.07 but note no provision has yet been made for Accountancy and production of year end accounts, probably 1000 euros.

6.     Draft 2017 budget

6.1.     David Haddon and Rod Smith will do a detailed review and analysis of expenditure to date and future proposed expenditure and will finalise the budget projections for the year at the beginning of September.

  • Rod Smith, David Haddon

7.     Handicaps

7.1.     It was brought to the committee’s attention that several cards in recent competitions have been marked incorrectly. The Captain will write all members to ask for adherence to marking the cards in line with the rules of golf.

  • Rod Smith

8.     Website

8.1.     Giles Fox reported that the website is up to date except for Sunday’s results.

9.     Events Update

9.1.     Captain’s Day; half the prizes have been bought and Branded have been booked for the entertainment. Mike, Giles and David Walling offered to help with the cards. A table plan for the evening is being organised.

9.2.     Captain’s Away trip; 42 golfers and 4 non-golfers are confirmed. Rod Smith is trying to organise some entertainment for the evening. Rui Baptista needs to be contacted concerning the vouchers for prizes, Mike Abbott will do this.

  • Mike Abbott

10.  A.O.B

10.1.  The treasurer pointed out that several errors had occurred on the vouchers making them difficult to reconcile. The card checking team are to be asked to ensure they are filled in accurately.

Meeting closed at 15.30